Cannabis Quotes - 2
"I wish I could show you what a small marihuana cigarette can do to one of our degenerate Spanish-speaking residents. That's why our problem is so great; the greatest percentage of our population is composed of Spanish-speaking persons, most of who are low mentally, because of social and racial conditions."
- Floyd K. Baskette, Alamosa, Colorado - quoted by Harry J. Anslinger, Commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics during the hearings on the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act.
"You bet I did -— and I enjoyed it."
- Michael Bloomberg, New York City Mayor, when asked if he had ever smoked marijuana.
"If the hideous monster Frankenstein came face to face with the monster of marijuana he would drop dead of fright."
- Harry J. Anslinger, Chief of Federal Bureau of Narcotics
"Since you (US "drug tsar" McCaffrey) control a federal budget that has just been increased from $17.8 billion last year to $19.2 billion this year, is asking people like you if we should continue with our nation's current drug policy like a person asking a barber if one needs a haircut?"
- Judge James P. Gray, Orange Country, California, Los Angeles Times, 29 March 2000
"Western governments ... will lose the war against dealers unless efforts are switched to prevention and therapy... All penalties for drug users should be dropped ... Making drug abuse a crime is useless and even dangerous ... Every year we seize more and more drugs and arrest more and more dealers but at the same time the quantity available in our countries still increases... Police are losing the drug battle worldwide."
- Raymond Kendall, secretary general of Interpol, January 1994
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error."
- U.S. Supreme Court, in American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382,442
"That is not a drug. It's a leaf."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger about marijuana, 2007
"Hemp is Earth's number-one biomass resource; it is capable of producing 10 tons per acre in four months. "
- Jack Herer
"Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
- Abraham Lincoln, December 1840
"Marijuana is taken by musicians. And I'm not speaking about good musicians, but the jazz type..."
- Harry J. Anslinger, Federal Bureau of Narcotics, 1948
"Legalize it, and I will advertise it."
- Peter Tosh
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."
- Harry J. Anslinger, Federal Bureau of Narcotics Chief, 1929
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
- Benjamin Franklin
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again."
- Bill Clinton
"I never understood that line. The point was to inhale. That was the point."
- Barack Obama, When asked, "Unlike other presidents, did you inhale?'
...if you spot something interesting, don`t hesitate to let us know...
Don't forget to check out our How to Roll a joint videos. More than 11.000.000 views and 59.000+ subscribers at YouTube! The Octopus, Windmill, Blunt, Hash joint, Classic, Wheel of Flavor and much more... New vids soon!
Quote of the Day
"I don't want to fucking give the United States government one fucking dollar of taxes. I think that they should go to fucking jail for getting you and me and 20 million people getting arrested for pot. It is the safest thing you can do in the universe."
More Cannabis Quotes